Job Type: |
Location: Amherst, NY
Orangetheory Fitness is a trendsetting franchise fitness organization with close to 500 locations open in the US, Canada and UK and with more than 400 new fitness studios under development across the nation and internationally.
This position is primarily responsible for maintaining and building the member base of the studio. Upon arrival to the studio, each customer should be greeted with an energetic and helpful front desk staff. Each associate is responsible for knowledge of the Orangetheory Fitness (OTF) workout and have the ability to present it to any consumer. Sales associates are an integral part of representing and marketing the Orangetheory brand by performing the following duties.
Essential Job Functions:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Oversees all functions of the front desk, including but not limit to: describing and selling OTF memberships and packages, answering phones, greeting prospective and current clients, checking in classes, booking sessions for members and dealing with any customer concerns
- Explains the full concept of an Orangetheory workout to new guests, called “intros”, and works hand in hand with the trainer to guide an intro through their first Orangetheory workout
- Gives tours to any new guests that come into the studio without notice
- Follow up and follow through activities with all prospective clients
- Establishes and maintains an effective referral program
- Meets or exceeds the OTF “V-Class” setup. Setup is as follows: V-VIP (2 VIP referrals per sale), C-Calls (40 per day), L-Leads (10 per day), A-Appointments (4 per day), S-Shows (3 per day), S-Sales (2 per day). The V- class setup has been put in place to ensure that each sales associate and the studio will meet their monthly new member requirements
- Handles member concerns in a professional, objective manner with the goal of resolution
- Participation in weekly marketing and outreach events
- Makes sure all retail and bathroom items are stocked and the studio is kept clean at all times of the day (walks-thru the studio 3 times per shift)
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations
- Technical Skills – Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments
- Business Acumen – Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition
- Safety and Security – All employees are responsible for observing safety and security procedures as applicable and reporting potentially unsafe conditions to management
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education / Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be punctual and timely in meeting all requirements of performance, including, but not limited to, attendance standards and work deadlines; attending all mandatory trainings and meetings; beginning and ending work shifts on time; and scheduled work breaks; where applicable.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Sales associates must have basic knowledge of how to use a computer. Our main operating system is Mind Body Online (MBO) and they must be able to learn this system in a timely manner in order to be successful in their position.
Other Skill, Abilities, and Qualifications:
Ability to take 1-2 OTF classes per week in order to effectively describe the workout to prospective clients.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a fitness studio environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
This job will also regularly involve outside marketing events outside the studio that may last several hours and may be held in or outdoors and the employee should therefore be prepared to work in various locations and weather conditions.
This position does not require travel. If there is any travel, it would be primarily local during the business day.
Orangetheory Fitness provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.Other Duties:
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.