Design & Construction Specialist
Job Type: |
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Orangetheory Fitness is a trendsetting franchise fitness organization with close to 500 locations open in the US, UK and Canada and more than 400 new fitness studios under development across the nation and internationally.
As the Franchisor, it is our responsibility to assure that each new Franchisee fitness studio location is built to our specifications. We do this by training our Franchisees to accurately follow our Design Intent Package and defined process of construction document review and approval. The Design and Construction Specialist will be primarily responsible for working together with the Director of Design and Construction to review and approve all required design and construction documents. Additionally, the Design and Construction Specialist will create reports and communicate directly with Franchisees on a daily basis. An advanced understanding of means and methods of construction as well as design layout and standards is mandatory.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Required to assist the Director of Design and Construction in working to create, review and approve all design and construction document requirements.
- Work as a liaison between the Franchisee, Architect, Engineers and Contractors to facilitate their design and construction process.
- Must be able to communicate design concepts
- Must have a basic understanding of Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to take responsibility, meet project deadlines, to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team, with a flexible and dynamic approach to individual projects
- Ability to follow design standards and assist with general floor plan layouts as well as review and edit floor plans.
- Advanced understanding of construction documents with the ability to make sure all specifications and regulations are being followed.
- Review and edit construction documents to reflect Orangetheory Fitness design standards
- Interact with franchise owners, design and construction professionals and material vendors
- Work well under pressure within a fast paced, dynamic environment
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary, paid time off (PTO), 9 paid holidays, 401k savings plan with company match, fitness casual dress code in our corporate office and the ability to workout for free at any of our corporately owned Orangetheory locations. We look forward to reviewing in detail the specific benefits you would receive as an Orangetheory Team Member.
- Associates degree required, in combination of 1+ years of relevant working experience
- For this position, must be Bilingual (fluent verbal and written Spanish and English)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Must be a good team player, as you will be working with a variety of individuals
- Must have good time management skills
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Orangetheory Fitness provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
Orangetheory Fitness provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.Other Duties:
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.